Saturday, December 3, 2011


November 29, 2011

Dear Mom, & Dad,
                I’m writing you from a temporary residence in one of the tri cities. I’m not sure which one.  Well today was awesome!  We landed in the tri cities airport in Pasco at 12:00 Washington time.  It is such a small airport. (Ha ha)  I’d never been in such a small airport.
                Well we met up with the AP’s and Pres. & Sister Greer and we picked up our bags and loaded them into a trailer and drove to the mission home.  It was such a beautiful home!  We met the rest of the Presidency and ate lunch, after that we had a lot of orientations and interviews with the mission president.  He told me that I was a leader and would do great if I continue to be strictly obedient.
                He’s really an inspired man.  Sister Greer says you’re supposed to cook funeral potatoes with broken up potato chips on top.  Apparently it’s the Arizona way.
                At five we finished up and they sent us on exchanges with elders.  I went with a Spanish elder to a lesson in Pasco, but the investigator wasn’t home.  So we went and talked to someone else.  We came back to the Mission Home at 6 ish for dinner.  Ham and death potatoes!  The corn was so good.
                After that President Greer talked to us some more.  We got assigned our areas and trainers.   I’ll be going to the Yakima Zone in the Grandview Area and my trainers name is Elder Bao.  He is from Ecuador!  We’ll meet up at the Gage building tomorrow morning. Fun Fun Fun!!!
Elder Derek S. Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment