Monday, May 20, 2013

Connell


Dear Family,

It has been a wonderful week here in Yakima.

And now for the big news, We got Transfer Calls! and my time in Yakima comes to an end. I'm being transferred to serve in the Connell 1st ward and the Basin City 2nd Ward and the Connell Spanish branch. Google it. Connell is a rural farming area 40 minutes north of Pasco. Basin City is a rural farming area 40 minutes west of Connell. Basin City is full of members from what I hear. I think Connell is too. They are all farmers so it will be kind of similar to my time in Boardman, but times 20. But yeah, I'll be serving in those 2 wards and a small branch in Connell. It will be tons of fun; I've had a lot of companions that have served there. My companion will be Elder Young. He just got trained by Elder Webb, so I'll be his second companion. But it will be exciting, I head out Wednesday morning!

This week has been amazing, topped off with the baptisms and confirmations of Elvia and 3 of her kids. It was probably one of the best baptisms I've ever attended. We had some cool stuff happen. Our Branch Mission Leader's wife's Niece moved up from California. We started teaching her this week. She's been acquainted with the church for a while and wants to get baptized, but her husband said he'd divorce her if she ever did. It’s never that easy. But she did come out to the baptism and loved it, and she also came to church on Sunday. She told us she wants to send missionaries to her daughter in California.

Our guy Jose is also doing great too. We taught him about the restoration yesterday. He was so excited to hear about the prophet. It helps a lot that he has already read up to 2 Nephi 9 in the Book of Mormon and has a solid testimony of it. He definitely wants to come to church now and check it out. It is going to be good! We scheduled a church tour for Thursday night, so Elder Hammond and Elder Bingham will be able to do that. It will be awesome.

It’s been a great week and the work will continue to progress. I am excited to hear how the seeds we've planted here do over the next couple months, but now it’s time to move to the next area!

Have a great week everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment