Friday, November 11, 2011

November 11, 2011


Well Its good to finally get your emails! haha and it took quite some time to read them all. Can I wait til like december 7th to tell you what I want for christmas? I'll have a better idea once I've been out in the field for a bit. I'm super excited for that quilt!!!! That'll be really nice to have. Glad to hear all is well at home!
Well its been a good week in the MTC! Its been kind of different, last week it was pretty bleak and stormy and we got a small amount of snow but this week has been clear and sunny. On sunday we woke up to a little bit of snow that actually stuck to the ground but it really wasn't much and it melted by noon. Daylight savings time started last weekend!!! We got to sleep for 9 hours instead of 8 that night! That was nice, I've never experienced that before. Well we had Mission conference because it was fast sunday, and some people from the mtc presidency spoke. I was going to go to choir that day but I guess they don't have choir on fast day. Its been a good week!
We've been teaching our "investigators" which are our two teachers acting like somebody that they taught on their missions. With Natalia, (Hermana Self) we taught the first half of lesson 2, the plan of salvation, and we were going to commit her to get baptized but during the lesson we found out that her marriage was less than happy, so instead I committed her to pray, read the scriptures, and go to church with her family, and the gospel would bless her family. She agreed to "come to church with us". Enrico, (Hermano Burnham) is a little behind, we finished lesson 1 with him and commited him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.
Aside from that, I'm past my halfway mark! Que Loco! Time is really flying by haha Next week our oldest district will be leaving so we will be the oldest district after that. So on sunday we should be finding out who the new zone leaders are. Whoever gets called as zone leaders, they've got some big shoes to fill! Elder Cummins and Millerberg were the best! I mean how many zone leaders will tuck you in at night??? Anyway, I'll miss those guys. They're all great.
I'm really pushing through Predicad Mi Evangelio. (Preach My Gospel) I have about 3 chapters left, Its basically the best book ever. Read it. Even if you're not going on a mission, the how to study chapter is great! Also the Book of Mormon and How to develop christlike attributes. Anyway I love preach my gospel so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment