Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Boardman

Well this week was pretty great! General Conference was awesome! I loved every talk. I saw a lot of common themes. Priesthood session talked alot about not just being active priesthood holders, as in going to church every week. But being active priesthood holders as in being worthy and anxiously engaged and searching for opportunities to use your priesthood to serve others. It was a really good conference. I also enjoyed L. Tom Perry's talk. The story he started off with was great. Elder Uchtdorfs talk in priesthood and sunday morning were both good.

Other than that the big news for this week is Transfer calls! Now I had become pretty confident that Elder Swenson and I would stay another transfer in Grandview. We'd been working hard, we've had success, and found a lot of people to teach. But that just goes to show you can't predict these kinds of things. I've been called by the spirit of the lord to another place. This Wednesday I'll be leaving for Boardman! Boardman is about an hour and a half south of the Tricities, and it crosses over into oregon. So its like 30 minutes outside of Hermiston, OR. Its pretty exciting. I'm going to miss Grandview a bunch though. I love the area and the people in it. Its definitely like leaving home again. I figure by the end of my mission, I'll have several "homes" that I will have left behind. So today and tomorrow will be saying goodbye and then wednesday starting out in boardman. I hear I cover an English Ward with a Spanish group, and then 2 other English branches. So thats a lot of english, haha.One of those english branches is down in Fossil, OR. about an hour and a half away, and that branch has 6 members. Boardman is also teeney tiney. I'll let you know more about that next week!

Everyone have a good week!

-Elder Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment