Saturday, January 19, 2013

jump and excel

Hey everybody,
Probably the highlight being interviews with President and Sister Greer. I went out of there feeling good. If for no other reason than just training the past 2 transfers had been a growing experience, at times I just shook my head and thought to myself that I wasn't doing good enough. Which isn't too far from the truth. When it all came down to it, here almost at the end of training, they said that they could see I'd done a good job. We also talked about transfers and the area, and spanish work in general here. In the next 2 transfers we'll receive about a total of 20 new spanish elders, and only 2 of our spanish elders are finishing the mission. We're definitely seeing the boost sooner than we thought. We're looking at 9 new areas by the end of February. Its marvellous to see what is happening. Also with where I'm at in my mission, Sister Greer emphasized that at 18 months its jump or dump time. Some missionaries, jump and excel for the rest of their missions, and others think they've done enough and dump for the final 6 months, she asked which one I would be. I said "Jump!" Man just to think that I'm almost at that point makes me sad, I just want to keep going. I don't want to stop! But it happens, so you've just got to make sure you do as much work as you can when you're in the service of the lord. I feel for Mom and Dad. I know they've put in there all though.
I'm greatful for the opportunity to serve as a missionary, I know that it is only by following the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and enduring to the end, can man be saved.
I hope you all have a great week.
-Elder Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment