Monday, February 27, 2012

Elder Cardon

We were in tricities for a mission conference/training, because Craig A. Cardon came to town. I talked to a samoan elder there, and he says his parents live really close to the mission office, and they'd send a welcoming party.
Well its been a super good week here in Grandview, unfortunately I don't have my camera with me so I'll have to catch up on pictures next week. The first half was spent goodbyeing the members in the branch with Elder Bao, and then wednesday morning, he headed up to yakima and I got my new companion, Elder Swenson!!! Biggest realization with the departure of Elder Bao, is that I'm a lot better at speaking spanish than I thought I was. I still have room to improve, but I look forward to continue learning and perfecting it. Elder Swenson is from riverton Utah, he was a cross country runner, and he's been out on his mission for 9 months. He's a good guy and we get along pretty well. We buckled down right away, and though we were really only working for half a week, almost all of our numbers at the end of the week were above last transfers average. So we got a good amount of lessons in. Patricia and family are still progressing, they came to sacrament meeting again yesterday, and we taught them the Plan of Salvation, and they were really interested, and had a lot of questions. They're a really good family, and we're really excited for them. Elvira, brought one of her friends to our lesson with her. We reviewed the restoration, left the friend a BoM and got a return appointment with both of them!

Other than that, the conference with Craig A. Cardon was really good, he spoke of developing spiritual stature, on your mission, to last you the rest of your life. Well we've been enjoying being caught up in the work. You barely have time to think of anything else, and thats the beauty of missionary work. Have a great week everybody,

Con amor, Elder Partridge


No comments:

Post a Comment